Monday, March 07, 2005

Much Ado About Nothing

You ever have one of those days where you feel like you get nothing accomplished? I'm starting to have quite a few those of late, including today. It seems like the majority of days I go from one fire to the next and before I know it the 'things to do list' for that day stares conspicuously at me around 4 o'clock shouting "Where ya been!"

It is totally amazing the one time issues that occur day to day in an Oncology department. From software glitches to physician disappearances they all suck up the hours. I'm starting to think I'm an issue juggler. I''m constantly throwing one issue up and catching another. Sometimes I throw one up high, another even higher in hopes it takes a while for them to come down. Right now I have policies and procedures way up there, even higher is new Information System HIPPA standards, new procedure coding, staffing issues, coding issues, construction, Relay for Life event, and the list goes on and on.

Am I complaining? The more I read this the more I think why would anyone else read this? I bet most would be thinking why would anyone want to do this? I'll save that one for another day.

No comments: